Friday, November 2, 2007

I've been reading..

This semester I am reading Literate Lives in the Information Age by Cyntia L. Selfe and Gail E. Hawisher, and Literacy in the New Media Age by Kress, Gunther. Both books are for my English class, but for fun I'm reading Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov. This book describes how man respects a woman when she stands up for herself. The book doesn't refer to "Bitches" as evil, whore, or the person hated by everyone at work. Argov describes it as a woman who follows her dreams without giving up.

I don't like reading that much; however, once i find an interesting book I will keep reading it often until I finish. Last year one of my friends recommend me a Spanish book named Rosario Tijeras by Jorge Franco Ramos. This book was so interestingly romantic that I was crazy about it. I look out for more versions about her and bought the movie, but it was not as good as the book or at least as I imagined. However that is the one of the good things about reading you get to create your own image of the characters.

Some of the books i recommend are:

1. Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho http://www.mouthshut.com/product-reviews/Eleven_Minutes_-_Paulo_Coelho-925043015.html
2. HoneyMoon by James Patterson
3. Rosario Tijeras by Jorge Franco Ramos


No comments: